Friday 12 November 2010

Forgiveness



Louise Hay teaches us that in order to release the past we must be willing to forgive.

She says, "We need to choose to release the past and forgive everyone, ourselves included.  We may not know how to forgive and we may not want to forgive but the very fact that we say we are willing to forgive begins the healing process.  It is imperative for our own healing that "we" release the past and forgive everyone."

"I forgive you fr not being the way I wanted you to be.  I forgive you and I set you free."  This affirmation sets us free.



Whilst I try and live my life following the Louise L Hay principles and philosophy, I must admit that forgiveness is something I have struggled with.

When people first meet me they tend to think that I come across as stand offish.  This isn't the case at all although I am very weary of people and it often takes me a while before I feel that I can let them in / trust them enough to offer my hand of friendship but once I do you have a friend for life.

I guess what I am trying to say is friendship isn't something I take lightly so if you hurt me and / or back stab me, I take it personally and it takes me a while (and in one particular case a number of years) before I feel ready and willing to forgive.

I have been attempting to live the Louise Hay way of life for a number of years now and through her teachings, I have learnt to forgive all the people that have wronged me in the past and I have also asked the forgiveness of those that I have wronged but I still have a long way to go.

I was reminded of this when two of my "friends" hurt me.  Friend "A" did and said things to hurt me in the worst possible way and Friend "B" slagged me off behind my back.  Needless to say, I am no longer friends with Friend "A".  I am still friends with Friend "B" but the trust has gone and I find it very sad. 

I need to forgive them because I need to move on and because it is eating me up inside.

 Maybe writing this post will help me.  Let's hope so.

  • Do you find it hard to forgive?

No comments:

Post a Comment