Tuesday 16 November 2010

Day Zero




I came across this site called, "Day Zero"   It is a unique challenge that inspires you to set and achieve your personal goals in life.

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
You can chose from their Top 101 list, use their idea finder or create your own goals.  Most are simple and easy to do, for example: "Have dinner by candle light"  I used some of their ideas and created a few of my own.

 My goals:

 
Kiss in the rain
Read 100 books
Take a pottery class
Write a book
 Send a message in a bottle
Spend a cold winters day watching films in my PJ's
Clean out my closet
Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011
Have dinner by candlelight
Make a custom recipe book
Spend a day at the beach
Start a family tradition
Start and maintain a gratitude journal
Identify 100 things that make me happy
Influence a person to make a day zero list
Go on a picnic
Have a massage
Have a professional photo shoot done
Reach my goal weight
Send a secret to Post Secret
Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"
Ride in a hot air balloon
Tie a note to a balloon and let it go
Don't complain about anything for a week
Fall in love
Host a games night with friends (board or video)
Find a personally inspirational quote and work it into a piece of art or home decor
See 10 movies I have never seen before
Have a FRIENDS marathon week - end
Complete at least one cross stitch project every 2 months
Go to the zoo
Visit 5 local restaurants I've never been to
Leave inspirational notes for people to find
Improve and update my blogs on a regular basis
Tell the people I care about just how much I love them
Complete a 365 day photo challenge
Save £5 for every task I complete
Eat 10 foods I have never eaten before.
Get more tattoo's
Go on a road trip with friends
Go to a concert
Build a snowman
Go fishing
Write all my bad memories on paper, burn this paper afterwards
Make new friends
Bake cupcakes
Don't log onto Facebook for a whole day
Study something new
Eat Lobster
Learn new Garnishing ideas
Host a themed dinner party for friends
Make a birthday cake for someone
Walk barefoot in the rain
Explore more castles, pubs, churches in the UK
Spend a whole day in bed
Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
Go on a ghost walk
Take part in the Norwich Santa run
Go to the cinema
Smile at strangers
Go swimming in the sea
Study a different culture
Learn how to speak Shona
Take Bella for more/longer walks
Eat fish at least once a week
Do something nice for someone without teling anyone about it
Create a budget and stick to it
Improve my communication skills
Re-read all my personal development books
Attend, 'I can do it 2011' in London
Meet Louise L Hay
Don't eat fast food for a month
Own a LBD
Cook 1 new recipe a month
Sleep under the stars
Watch every episode of Only Fools and Horses
Do some volunteer work
Attend a Murder Mystery night
Buy a camera
Find a new job
Have a pamper day
 Take more photo's
Kiss someone at midnight on New Year's
Find a new alcoholic drink that I like
No alcohol for a month
Go on holiday with my noo's
Spend more quality time as a family
Improve my relationship with my mom
De-clutter my house at least once a month
Weed the garden on a regular basis
Wash and vacuum the car once a month
Toast marshmallows on an open fire
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Treat myself to a bubble bath at least 2 x a week
Plan and do something special for my noo's
Be more organized with weekly meals / cooking
Bake more
Open a business bank account
Complete my Advanced Diploma in Event Management and Wedding Planning

Everything is done on the website so as you complete a goal you mark it off.  The address is as follows:
I think it's a really good idea and I hope you will take part.  If you do decide to do it please let me know as one of my goals is to inspire someone to do it.  Thank you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment