Thursday 3 March 2011

Heaven’s Grocery Store



As I was walking down
Life’s highway many years ago
I came upon a sign that read
“Heaven’s Grocery Store”

When I got a little closer
The doors swung open wide
And when I came to myself
I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels
They were standing everywhere
One handed me a basket and said,
“My child, shop with care”

Everything a human needed
Was in that grocery store
And what you couldn’t carry
You could come back for.

First I got some patience
Love was in the same row
Further down was understanding,
You need that everywhere you go.

I got a box of wisdom
And a bag or two of faith
And Charity of course
I’d need some of that too.

I couldn’t miss the Holy Ghost
It was all over the place
And then I chose salvation because
Salvation was free for you and me.

Then I started to the counter
To pay my grocery bill
For I thought I had everything to do the masters will.

As I went up the aisle
I saw prayer and put that in
For I knew when I stepped outside I would run into sin.

Peace and joy were plentiful
The last thing on the shelf
Song and praise were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel, “How much do I owe?”
He smiled and said, “Just take them everywhere you go”
Again I asked, “How much do I owe?”
“My child he said, God paid your bill a long time ago!”

No comments:

Post a Comment