Friday 4 March 2011

Anger


I feel quite angry at the moment because of the way that certain people have been treating me.  I dislike being angry because I find it emotionally draining and, although I have a right to be angry, it doesn’t serve any form of meaningful purpose in my life. 
Louise Hay teaches us that everyone deals with anger at one time or another in their lives.  Anger is an honest emotion.  When it is not expressed or processed outwardly it will be processed inwardly.  Like criticism, we usually get angry about the same things over and over again.  When we are angry, and we don’t feel we have a right to express it, we swallow it down, which causes resentment, bitterness or depression. 
We have to remember that our feelings are thoughts in action.  They serve a purpose and when we let them loose from our minds and body then we allow space inside for other more positive experiences.
I learnt today that people will only treat you the way that you allow them to so I’m taking a stand - no more!  I’m a decent, honest and loving person and I expect to be treated with respect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment