Wednesday 23 March 2011

Work, Friendships & Moving On


I'm sorry that I haven't updated my blog recently but I have needed some time to think as the last couple of weeks have been quite intense.

I used to work for a property development company but the majority of the buildings that they owned were put into administration a couple of months ago.  The Administrators allowed the company to manage the buildings whilst they were being sold which happened quite quickly.  We were then called into a meeting and told that redundancies and contract terminations were taking place throughout the company.  Of the 9 of us in the IT Department only 3 of the service desk dudes would remain.  So now I'm job hunting again which I find quite soul destroying but I have trust and faith and I know that God will help me find a job that is perfect for me. 

I have also had a few issues pertaining to some of my friendships which has made me really sad.  I have been slagged off, been completely ignored and been removed as a friend on Facebook all by different people who I thought were my friends.  The person who slagged me off has done so before.  I thought that I'd sorted things out with the friend that removed me but clearly I haven't and the friend that is ignoring me... well, I have no idea why she is ignoring me because she won't even speak to me.   I know that I am not the perfect friend but I have never intentionally set out to hurt anymore and I do try my best to show my friends how much they mean to me.  The whole thing has made me extremely sad and, after some really hurtful things that were said, I seriously started to doubt myself as a person.  Luckily my friend, Erica, put me straight and I now know that I am not a dreadful person and that it is ok to be me. 

So, what happens now?  Well, I am not sure to be honest but I do know that I am going to try and be a better friend but I also know that sometimes some people just aren't worth the time and effort and that maybe it's time to draw a line under the whole thing and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment