Monday 23 August 2010

Letting go



22nd August 2010 marks the date of what would have been my 12th Wedding Anniversary.

The day came and, although I acknowledged it, I didn’t beat myself up or dwell on what might have been. This made me realize just how far I have come and how much I have grown as a person. While I have put in a lot of hard work (especially over these past 8 months) I couldn’t of done it without the guidance of Louise Hay.


Louise has taught me that in order to live in the now you have to stop living in the past. The past is over and done with, no amount of thinking about it or blaming yourself is going to change what has happened. If you carry on living in the past how can you fully appreciate the experiences that are happening right now?

As I sit here today, I am thankful that I got to spend 10 years of my life with a really amazing person and I know that, although things didn’t work out between us, we share a deep friendship and bond that can never be broken.  That is something I will always be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment