Friday 24 September 2010

What I have learnt this week


The lessons that I have learnt this week:

·         It’s ok to admit that you were wrong and to be the first to apologise.
·         I am better off without the person who pretends to be my friend.


 
LESSON 1
It’s ok to admit that you were wrong and to be the first to apologise.

We haven’t spoken for over 2 years but I woke up on Thursday morning and I just knew that I had to contact you.  I needed to tell you that I was sorry for acting like a crazy bitch all those years ago.  I needed you to know how sorry I was about everything that happened between us.  I needed you to know that I don’t hate you and that I could never hate you.  I don’t expect you to reply but you knowing how sorry I am feels as though a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I finally feel at peace for the first time in a long time. 





LESSON 2
I am better off without the person who pretends to be my friend.

I feel as though I have been betrayed by someone who I thought was a really good friend.  I found out a little while ago that this person had slagged me off behind my back and it really hurt.  I didn’t say anything to her.  I don’t like confrontation and I didn’t think it would bother me as much as it is.  Over the last couple of weeks other things have happened and been said and I have now come to realize that this person isn’t actually a friend.  It hurts a great deal because I trusted her but I am glad that I now know where I stand.  I also know that I am free to choose what kind of people I have in my life and that this is definitely the kind that I don’t want.


No comments:

Post a Comment